Our client Well Engineering Partners (WEP) delivers well consultancy services, quality project management, drilling supervision and well services to small and medium-sized operators in the geothermal energy, oil & gas and salt mining industry.
The aim of WEP’s qualified well engineering and field team is to be dedicated to deliver a complete and high-quality product directly focused on the customer’s needs. The WEP team and process will guide and support clients during the complete project. For more information we refer to https://wellengineeringpartners.com.
Because of the increase in activities WEP is looking for:
WELL / DRILLING ENGINEERS
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepare well design and drilling programs and liaise with service providers and vendors;
- Carry out the technical work, offset well data analysis, having detailed discussions with geologists and geophysics;
- Execute: casing design, trajectory design, torque & drag and hydraulics analysis, drilling fluids and bit recommendations;
- Ensure procedures are technically valid and applicable to the specific well conditions;
- Assist purchasing materials and services for projects;
- Monitor the daily progress of well operations and liaise with suppliers on technical programs;
- Prepare project reports and monitor operational expenditures;
- Act as (N)DSV if requested by the drilling manager;
- Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel.
Base location is Hoogeveen, The Netherlands. Engineers can, in consultation, be assigned to a project in or outside The Netherlands.
- MSc/BSc Petroleum Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in onshore and/or offshore drilling operations;
- Knowledge of and experience in drilling, workover and abandonment operations;
- Experience as NDSV is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (orally and in writing);
- A good command of the Dutch and German language (orally and in writing) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of law and regulations regarding the drilling, workover and abandonment operations;
- Knowledge of drilling equipment and well engineering software (Landmark);
- Willing to live in The Netherlands (Hoogeveen).
- Aim at improvement, without losing sight of the nature and capacity of the organisation;
- Be open to changes and opinions of others, but if necessary tenacious to take decisions and ethical principles;
- Commercially and communicatively oriented;
- Must dare to take decisions and defend these;
- Adapts quickly and effectively to new tasks and projects;
- Customer oriented.
- Working in an international environment;
- A challenging and innovative environment;
- An organisation which offers you a steep learning curve as an engineer;
- Competitive remuneration package.
- If you need more information about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Klaas Reenders, our HR manager. You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.